Sunday, January 21, 2018

Thank you CASE


I'm up to five cards made with this SSS card kit from March 2015 in the past month. Woo hoo! I do think I need a break, so I'm going to switch out to something else for bit. I'll keep it nearby though, just to remind myself that I still have tons left to use. I was going to go for a month of no buying, but I forgot and got the newest card kit. Ugh! Bad me. lol I think after that I will break for a while though. I want to save any extra month for paint and maybe some organization stuff.  I am still finishing up the challenge on my kitchen, but I know the craft room/office comes up at some point. I'm scared. Why do I have so much stuff???? It's addicting, right??

Anyway, the kit comes with an inspiration sheet and this was CASEd from that. It's from a lovely card by the fabulous Debby Hughes. I am always in awe of her work. Mine never turns out half as good, but it's fun to try.

I hope you had a great week! I think this coming week will finally be a normal one for us. Well, kinda. Laila is now attending a behavior program at a different campus, so that will throw things off. She gets out an hour earlier and it's the opposite way of her other school, right through two other school zones. I hope she doesn't have to stay longer than the minimum ten days, but we'll see.

It has become so clear to me why so many parents of kids like her end up homeschooling. Things are just not designed for them in public school. She's at almost a third grade reading level, but stuck learning sight words like he and she in class. I'm sure she's bored. The results from the gifted and talented testing come back soon and I hope she qualifies and will get something more challenging to do. Unfortunately though, she doesn't handle frustration and failure well, so challenging can bring about tantrums. She's a perfectionist like her momma and we don't like messing up or not being good at things. I hate that she's dealing with that. I know I've missed out on a lot of things because of it. I hope to help her not have a lot of regrets like I do. Anyway, send good thoughts that something falls into place soon and we can all stop being so stressed out. Her evaluation for an IEP isn't due until the end of February, so it may be a while before we get there. I fear we will end up in a battle, but we'll see.

See you tomorrow with another yellow and black card. lol

2 comments:

  1. do you think she should evaluated for Autism or Asperger? May that would help with her and your issues

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches for you and Laila. Always remember that attending a behavior program isn't a bad thing. They will be able to teach Laila how to control her feelings and impulses. I'm surprised to hear she will only be there for 10 days, but maybe that's because they aren't done with her evaluation yet. Sending good thoughts for a positive experience for Laila. Beautiful card too, by the way! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)