Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Inky Paws 64


Happy January 31st! Can you believe it? It seems like a long month, but at the same time, it seems like we just rung in the new year a day ago. I haven't felt much like creating, but I did make this simple card for the Newton's Nook Inky Paws challenge. The papers did most of the work for me. Always nice when you can use a mix of them for most of your project, right?

Image may contain: text
I just love Newton and this cute set of stamps. Coffee plus cats? Yes, please!  :)

Laila has had a great week so far at school. She's made all her points for the day each day and has been so proud of herself. I wasn't sure about the program after the first few days, but she's really flourishing now and I have hopes that what she's learning will help her when she transitions back to her regular classroom. Her teacher has been over several times to work with her. The counselor and vice principal have also been over. She missed the principal's visit on Friday because she was out sick. It's nice they are working to maintain the connection with her. 

I ended up at the doctor today after 5 days of a constant headache. Sinus infection. I'm crossing my fingers that the medicine she gave me works quickly. I've been in bed most of the week and I'm so behind on everything. I hate that!!  I'm off to drink more fluids and rest...again. lol I think that's all I've done for days.  

Enjoy the last day of the month!
Rita 

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paw's Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color scheme! Love all the circular elements that coordinate with the dots on the coffee cup! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely interpretation of the sketch! Great use of papers! Thanks for playing along with us at the Inky Paws Challenge!
    P.S. I hope you're well soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)