Thursday, July 5, 2018

Patriotic Encouragement


Hey!!!  I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. It was pretty low key here as we are still recovering from our trip to visit my parents. I did make this card, but of course I'm late posting. I played along with the sketch at Die Cuttin Divas and the colors from the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I haven't used brads in ages, so it was fun to get those out. :)  Oh, and my corner rounder! Do you like pulling out those neglected tools and supplies sometimes? I do, but I need the motivation like this sketch to do it. My die cut is the star that was featured in one of the kits from Simon Says Stamps. I cut it out three times and pieced it together.

We had a nice visit to Kentucky. My dad was still in the hospital when we got there, but he was released the next day. He had been dealing with hospitalization at least once a week for a while, but he managed to stay healthy our whole trip. I'm thinking it was due to Laila's excellent nursing skills. She was so good with him. We weren't sure how she would handle him being so sick, but she was amazing. 

She had a great birthday. We had cupcakes on her actual birthday along with some gifts. The next day we took her to the Ripley's Aquarium in the Smoky Mountains. Then on Saturday she had her party at the local swimming pool. She loved being around all my family and getting all that attention.  It was hard for her to leave. :(  We are slowly trying to get back to our routine, but so far we've had a roof leak that we have to get fixed and soooo much rain!!  

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dot paper behind the image. Great use of the sketch at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and perfect for the 4th!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card!! Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card...I am inspired by your place so much..
    Glad to follow you to learn some more amazing tips and techniques...

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Shukla
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is awesome. I love the striped star. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he's doing better. I hope your little princess had a great birthday! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabulous patriotic card. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)