Friday, July 2, 2010

Sock Monkey!


I decided to try the sketch challenge on SCS this week and here's what I came up with.    I'm trying REALLY hard to be more creative myself and not always have to CASE other cards, so the sketch challenge seemed to be a good place to start.    It is a dreary, rainy day in Texas, so I needed some bright colors and a fun stamp set to cheer me up a bit!    Sock Monkey always makes me smile!

My other goal is to try/learn more about the tools and accessories I'll be selling as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.   I pulled out the blender pens and used them along with my ink pads to color in my image.   It was so easy and so much faster than using my colored pencils!    I will definitely be doing that on my line art images.  

Recipe:
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (#101406), Tempting Turquoise (#100814), Chocolate Chip (#100908), Pretty in Pink (#101301)
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise (#102067)  (the designer paper and the green card stock are both retired)
Accessories:   Brights brads (#119740)
Tools:  Blender Pens (#102845), Modern Label Punch (#119849), Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)

On a different note, I got to place my first order yesterday and thanks to my awesome husband, I met my own quarterly minimums for this quarter!  Yay.  I think he is tired of hearing me whine about not having ribbon or markers...or stamps...or paper.   Well, you know how it is.  :)    I am so excited about getting my new stamp sets!  

4 comments:

  1. I love this and I love the sock monkey. I have that set and struggle to use it... this is adorable! great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag you're it...following your blog now...here is mine:

    www.littleinkontheprairie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Mr Sock monkey.. What a cute card. Love your ideas. And what a fun blog. Great job! Take good care, Pauline

    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)