Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Poppin' Pastels

My goal is to try a new technique every Tuesday and this is what I did yesterday.   The technique is called Poppin' Pastels and I love some of the cards I've seen done with it.   This was the first time I'd even opened the box of Pastels and I had no idea how fun they could be!    I think I'll color the stems in with a marker and then do the chalks on the flowers if I use this stamp again.  It is rough to get those little lines in!

I've wanted to do a filmstrip card FOREVER and I finally did one this week.   I hope I can figure out some different things to put in the "picture" part and background because it is such a super cute idea!

Recipe:
Paper:  Pretty in Pink card stock (#100459), Basic Black card stock (#121045), Mambo Melon card stock (#115320)
Ink:  Mambo Melon classic ink (#115656), Pretty in Pink classic ink (#101301)
Stamps:  Fox and Friends (#118565), July Fourth (#120063)  (both in clear mount)
Accessories:   Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (#109032), Neutral brads (#119736)
Tools:  Spiral Border punch (#119872), Paper Piercing Tool (#116631), Mat Pack (#105826), SNAIL adhesive (#104332)

4 comments:

  1. What fun!!! So glad you're doing this and posting pictures :)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. RITA!! The poppin' pastels look FANTASTIC!!! See, you're going to do GREAT at your open house!
    Hugs
    Gabbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out beautifully! I've wanted to try the poppin' pastels technique and I think you've encouraged me. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monkey card!! I found you on Stampin' Connection on the follow list. Thanks for the follow. I am now following you :)

    Hugs,
    Samantha
    http://thescrapmaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)