Sunday, March 11, 2012

colourQ 127: Flowery Anniversary


Believe it or not, I might actually make the colourQ deadline today!  :)   I started this card last night and didn't get to finish before my honey made it home from work.   I was trying to do some of the Virtual Stamp Night challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers and the second one was to make a card using a heart.   That ended up being WAY more difficult than I thought it would be since we are now past Valentine's Day.  My anniversary is in 2 days, so I figured hearts would work for that occasion.  Of course I'll make Jason a more masculine card than this one.  :)


Those celery brads look HUGE in the picture, but I didn't think they looked THAT bad when I made it.  Hmmm...  maybe I need some dainty pearls instead.  I am currently obsessed with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, so you guys might want to start planning an intervention.   Maybe it's spring making me want to use cute little flowers?   This was my first time using Certainly Celery...can you believe that?   I am just not a big subtles fan, so they tend to be neglected in my stamp room.  It wasn't as painful as the Regal Rose, so maybe I'll give it another shot soon. 

Have a wonderful Sunday!   It's rainy here, but college basketball and pizza are on the agenda and I'm just fine with that.  Go Kentucky!  

7 comments:

  1. Wow Rita, this is your first time using Certainly Celery! Congrats! I tend to go for the more vibrant greens too, but the ribbon is very pretty. And your itty-bitty flowers are just divine - no intervention necessary. In my book if it stays still long enough it should stamped, punched, or glued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is beautiful, If you like challenges you should check out the Simply Stampin challenge, they have a DT call too at the mo.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. A love the big hearts and teeny flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!! I love how you used the colors -- welcome to Certainly Celery :) Thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this color combo! The little flowers from the Itty Bitty punch pack are a perfect addition, so I won't be participating in the intervention. I don't use much Certainly Celery either (especially since Pear Pizzazz came along) but it looks great with these colors. Great card, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Rita, love what you did with your colors! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not intervening at all...this is one gorgeous card!! Beautiful mix of colors and those fabby hearts! Love it!! )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)