Wednesday, March 28, 2012

FMS28: Three Buttons

Lesley has another fun sketch for everyone at Freshly Made Sketches this week.   I know one of my blogging friends, LeAnne, will appreciate at she loves sketches and cards with any element of 3 in them!  :)
After seeing this awesome card by the super-talented Jenn, I just had to pull out Circle Circus and use it this week.   She's so inspiring, so be sure to go check out her blog.  I've been wanting to make some cards for younger girls, but I don't seem to have any stamps that work for that!   I decided to try a girly card for this one and I hope the brown and pink work for that.   I do have to say thank you to my friends Marla  and Mindy who have been so helpful to me lately when I'm struggling with my cards. They are always up for offering suggestions and encouragement and I love them.   Demo sisters are the best!  

This was one of those cards where lots of things go wrong, but I still like how it turned out.   I used Early Espresso for the card stock and buttons, but I somehow grabbed Chocolate Chip ink for the stamping part.   Does it show too much?   I was exhausted and done that day, so I decided to just let it go.  I also stamped a nice Chocolate Chip circle right in the middle of my Blushing Bride ink pad.   Have you done that?   I'm trying to figure out if it will recover or if I should get a new one.   I love that color and plan to use it even when it retires.   

I hope you're having a wonderful week.  I finally felt rested enough to go see The Hunger Games.   I fell in love with the books last year and was so excited for the movie.   No other plans for the week though.    Next week has so much going on that I'll take a restful rest of this week.   I have my April doctor's appointment complete with the 1 hour glucose test on Monday.  Fun, huh?   I hope to go to Babies R Us and Target to finish our registries afterwards.  Then there's stamp club on Friday and Easter on Sunday.  Busy, busy!   My mom is coming down on April 24th, so lots of cleaning to do before then too!

15 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Rita! To be totally honest I don't really like Circle Circus but you have made it look gorgeous. Love the colours you've used and those buttons work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Rita ... Circle Circus is such a great and classic stamp set and oh so versatile ... and this lil creation is proof of that! I am such a fan of chocolate and pink and your combination here is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for choosing my card as your favourite for the last challenge Rita. I was so excited to be your Perfect Princess.
    This is a beautiful card, I love the mix of Blushing Bride Pink with the warm Brown. I don't have the Circle Circus set yet but this is a great advertisement for it. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think the Chocolate Chip stamps so pretty with the pink. The dark buttons go perfectly. I loved this card the minute I saw it on the DT side. Great use of this set! Hope the tests go well (the glucose was my least favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is total perfection! The colors - the design - the paper - the stamping - love everything about it! Your mojo is rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got circle circus myself - but I really love what you done with your card Rita! Love the combination of colours - they're a fave of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way this one turned out! Pink and brown is one of my most favorite color combinations. Thanks for the shout out, but it's definitely not necessary. I love our creative brainstorming sessions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even tell that you mixed up Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip. I love brown in all shades so I think this looks fantastic. And the colors go perfectly with pink so I love this. Good luck with the glucose test. Sounds yucky...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Rita, I love the brown and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see I'm not the only one who loves brown and pink together! I wish I knew how to help you fix your Blushing Bride pad. It's so maddening when that happens! Your card is beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink and brown perfection! You really created a beauty here, Rita! Have a super-duper day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, you help me JUST as much or more than I do you!!!! This is such a fun girl card! I LOVE the colors! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe I still haven't bought that stamp set. I think you just pushed me over the edge. I love this card. Pinks and browns have always been a favorite, and I think you did everything just right on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous colours Rita!! SO, so pretty! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)