Monday, March 5, 2012

Mailable Monday!


My friend Mindy has a weekly blog feature she calls Mailable Monday and I love the idea of it!  The trick is to keep the cards flat without a lot of embellishments so that you can quickly throw them in the mail with a regular stamp.   If you hate going to the post office as much as me, then this idea is perfect!   I pulled out my Distressing Essentials kit to play with and here's what I came up with.   Now I wanted to stick a ton of brads on it and maybe a button, but that defeats the purpose!    I did have fun playing with the kit, so I think it might be our featured technique at stamp club in April.   Distressing is such a great way to get those frustrations out!  :)  

Stamps:  The Open Sea (still available as a write-in)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Tea Stain distress ink
Paper:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla (textured and normal)
Tools/Accessories:  Distressing Essentials kit, Cutter Kit, Color Spritzer tool, Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, Linen Thread

2 comments:

  1. Nice! A great idea, too---Mailable Monday! I love it! That's my theme for this year...after Christmas, I swore to no more buttons & bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the Mailable Monday club...now the pressure is on for me to keep it up, lol! This turned out great and I LOVE the accent down the side with the wrinkles! That added so much! I need to get both this stamp set out and my distressing kit, it's been way too long since I played with both of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)