Wednesday, March 14, 2012

FMS26: Happy Anniversary

 

Time for another fun sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   This week's sketch was designed by one of my favorite people to stalk, Jen Mitchell.  She never fails to amaze me with her gorgeous work, so be sure to stop by and visit her blog!

I'm still struggling with my stamping, but seeing how my anniversary was yesterday, I wanted to make a masculine card for my Jason.  Nobody deserves appreciation more than that man.  How he could put up with me for eight years and counting I'll never understand!   Our years together haven't been easy, losing both his parents and our son, but I have hopes that this year will bring a lot of joy to our lives when little Laila arrives. 


Here's my no frills card that I made for him.   I wanted to keep it simple as he's not into anything that's remotely vintage or distressed; that worked perfectly for the Freshly Made idea of clean cards!   I pulled out a new-to-me set, Always for this one.  I knew I had to put a bird on my card since the skit from Portlandia is one of our little inside jokes that we laugh about often.  Nothing says I love you like putting a bird on it!  :)  I think those things we like to laugh about keep us sane sometimes.  

I'll share one more funny story before I sign off this post.  I don't know how many of you watch The Big Bang Theory, but last week's episode was hilarious!  The guys had a whip app on their phones that they used when the others gave in to their girlfriends.   It was awesome!   On Friday while Jason was at work, I found that app and had it ready to go when he came home that night.  Well, guess who else had the same idea?!   I was happy to win though; I got the first crack of the whip!  :)  It was funny to see how alike we are and how we just know the other person so well.  I truly love that man with all my heart!  (and yes, we are both nerds!)   

Stamps:  Always
Ink:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Early Espresso
Paper:  Naturals White, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Early Espresso
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Square Duo die, Square Lattice embossing folder, Island Indigo baker's twine, Neutrals buttons

17 comments:

  1. Great sketch... beautiful card... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rita this card is wonderful! But what is even more wonderful is the reason why you made it. I am sure he loved the card. And I love reading your little stories:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the bird. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card for your husband Rita, he going's to love your anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card: love all the blues, especially the way you did the bird. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post!! So sweet!! And the card was wonderful too!! Happy anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Loved reading your happy post about Jason, and your card is great! the two-toned bird is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your story, Rita. What a lovely relationship you have! Pretty colors and a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely card! Pretty for you, but still masculine for him. :) Honestly, your stamping is very good! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is fabulous in oh so many ways - and it sounds like you two are just perfect together in oh so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, you make me laugh so much. I'm the biggest fan of The Big Bang Theory I know so now I'm on a mission to find that app!

    I'm sure your husband will love this card and all the special meaning that it represents for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed both the beautiful card and entertaining commentary. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great anniversary card Rita, such super sweet story ... he'll love this and I love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is very pretty, the colors go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card! The different shates of blue on the bird is so pretty. This set is still one of my favorites. I think I'll have to use it again soon.
    That is too funny about you and Jason having the same idea. I love it when my hubby and I do something similar.
    Happy anniversary to you and Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, thanks to you. I started watching that show more and am a wee bit hooked! I can't stop sayng Bazinga, either! Lol! Yuor card is beautiful! Love the colors and I'm sure Jason loved it! So glad you two lovebirds had a fun anniversary! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)