Wednesday, November 27, 2013

FMS114: Christmas Snowflakes


Wow!  It's been a whole week since I last posted.  What a week it has been too, but we'll talk more about that later.  First, it's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!   Linda S is our hostess and she created this fun sketch for us this week.   I tried NOT to use snowflakes, but it just didn't look as good as the sketch so I went back and made one with them.  I like this one much better. :) 


I haven't used much of the Winter Frost paper that I have, so I needed to change that.  I really love the colors.  Blue and silver are my favorite colors for Christmas cards.   I used Pool Party, Island Indigo, and the silver glimmer paper.  Fun combo, right?!


Laila had her picture with Santa today.  She got to wear her new Christmas pajamas and everything!   :)    I was worried about how she'd do and Jason really thought she'd freak out.  I've been working with her and she "knows" Santa from books and pictures and can say his name and "Ho Ho Ho", so I was hoping we'd be okay.  Well, she was awesome!  She sat in his lap and was so calm.  She talked to him and even gave him hugs!  It was adorable.  I can't wait to get our proofs back.  

She's been teething again and these teeth seem to be so painful.  She's had a rough week, which means mommy had a rough week too.  I was so worn out that I actually napped during her naps instead of stamping.  Fingers crossed we are through the worst part of it!  She's a whopping 17 months old today!  Crazy. 

7 comments:

  1. Love that sparkly blingy snowflake! This DSP is so pretty! And so glad Miss Laila loved Santa! She is so cute - I love those curls on the back of her head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I need to use up some of my Winter Frost paper too. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the blue and silver Christmas card color thing. There's just something about that combo that is so Christmasy! I love your layered snowflake. It's fantastic with all that sparkly goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card! I love it! That snowflake is so pretty and looks so amazing with the blue! Love Laila! So glad she had such a great Santa encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Miss Laila is feeling better. We used to feed our teethers frozen grapes, green or red, doesn't matter, they just liked the cold on the gums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blue on blue Christmas card is lovely Rita! And I just love your photo of Laila - she's getting so big now and is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was channeling snowflakes to you all so maybe that's why it was so hard for you to not use a snowflake. I'm glad you gave in and used snowflakes because your card is beautiful! And, by the way, I love your original card too, even though it has no snowflakes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)