Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stampin' Up! Ornament Keepsakes


Man.  It's been a rough week here. I don't think I slept much Thursday or Friday nights and was so worn out. I have been trying to sleep every time Laila naps so that means NO stamping.  :-/    Thankfully the diaper rash that's kept us up is almost all healed and I slept great last night and took a nap today!  That means I was able to stamp some today.  I decided to play along with CAS(E) this Sketch and Dynamic Duos.  

   
I wasn't sure about black and gray for a Christmas cared, but I figured I'd give it a shot.   I think it turned out so elegant!  I love it.  I had originally intended to use a tree image, so I embossed the black in the woodgrain folder.  I hope it doesn't look bad with the ornament.  I still liked it and left it.

Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Pennant Parade
Ink:  Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories:  Basic Black Chevron ribbon, Large Rhinestones
Tools:  Big Shot, Woodgrain EF, Ornament Framelits

We had French toast for dinner tonight and let Laila try a bit of maple syrup.  It makes an excellent hair product.  ;)

9 comments:

  1. Rita, I love your card! Turned out so cute! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card--so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color combination. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this is SUCH an elegant card! I think the wood-grain background adds to the whole effect. That subtle little "merry" is just right, too. LOVE the photo of Miss Laila massaging the maple syrup into her hair... Thanks for linking up to Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! Striking and beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely agree that the wood grain background adds to the card. It's a nice complement to the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant, Rita! The details of the ornament really stand out with black ink! Love the single gem! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly beautiful and a wonderful interpretation of CTS#54! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)