Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FMS75: Wheel of Shame

Sorry it's been so long since my last post!   It's finally Freshly Made Sketches time again, so I had to post today.   :)   Tui has this terrific sketch for us this week.  I'm sad because this is her last sketch with us, but I'm also happy for her because she's leaving to do some amazing things!  Be sure to stop by her blog and leave her some love this week!

Now on to the card...  I had lots of ideas, but they disappeared when I sat down to stamp.  Does that happen to you?  Frustrating, huh?!  Anyway, here's my not-so-fabulous creation:
This is so NOT what I had in mind when I sat down to make my card.  I don't know what happened to my original idea but it didn't come back.   This reminds me of the couch my parents had back in the 80's.   It had wagon wheels, but Ferris wheels, wagon wheels...it's all round, right?  What's so bad is that that couch had blue flowers and what color did I add?  BLUE!!!!!!!  Hopeless mess.   Hopefully somebody out there likes 80's wagon wheel couch cards...this one is totally for them!  Now I'm off to tease my hair and listen to some hair metal bands.  Ha!  


My sweet girl is 8 months old today.   It's crazy how fast time is flying by.   She's grown so much this past week that we are going to be moving up to 12 months clothes soon.   The 9 months are just too short now!   That happened overnight.   Crazy, crazy.  

20 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself, Rita! I think your card looks great, and no one but you is going to look at it and think blue 80s wagon wheel couch :) I saw it and thought pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I think it's kind of fabulous! I think I should have got this set in fact! And that couch HAD to be better than the set my mom had...it was flowers and was orange and brown and your favorite color summer starfruit! Let THAT sink in for a minute.... LOL!

    And what's wrong with the 80's??? :-) Some of the BEST people were born in the 80's lol! And I think if we ever make it to convention at the same time again we should totally do a 80's themed night, ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! I love the added blue - and I love all of the stamping stamping stamping you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a fabulous card and very pretty! I love the blue! I may just have to CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recall a blue flowered wagon wheel couch but your card is gorgeous! I love all the stamping, very vintage feel...probably before the 80's! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your overstamping and I think the touch of blue is great. Your little girl is such a sweetie! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage look you have created, Rita. I haven't been a fan of this stamp set, but this is the perfect backdrop for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this card - I think it would be a good one to case! TFS !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post is cracking me up! I love this card and it looks nothing like a couch ;)
    And your daughter is adorable...cherish each and every day because time does fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my parents had the colonial version of that couch. Instead of wagon wheels it had lanterns and stage coaches! And I happen to like this card very much. The colors are pretty together and it's got a great vintage look!

    And I think it's appropriate that on my drive home from work tonight I heard Whitesnake on the radio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your parents couch!!! You make me laugh! I love your card! It's fabulous and I think the blue looks perfect (but I may have already told you this!!!!)!
    Laila is getting so big! Hard to believe she's 8 months already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See, I'm not the only one who thinks this is a great card! Seriously, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up - your card is wonderful and I see nothing wrong with it at all! May be slightly remanisent (sp?) of your parents couch, but could not prove it by me or others, I'm sure! And of course the adorable Laila...ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita, I love your card! I know we all make cards that we love or hate...but I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yeah ... this is great Rita! I love these layered stamping and those fishtails banner are awesome ... did I also mention that the splash of BLUE adds the perfect enhancement!!!
    Your little sweetness is such a darling ... and oh my, has it been 8 months already ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry that this brings back "Ick" memories for you, but I'm so glad you made it just the way it is, because what you don't like is everything that I love. Fortunately, my parents had a plain couch (always covered with a sheet - UGH!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous card Rita! It doesn't remind of a couch at all. ;-) Laila is so cute and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rita,

    This is gorgeous...I love it! you should be pleased with yourself- the card is perfect for the stamp. Your card is one the favorites I have seen perusing the card blogs this weekend;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rita, we are our worst critics. I should have left my comment sooner because I needed to thank you for choosing my card for last weeks sketch. Now you made it onto Nancy's iPick's for the week for this card. See....it's a fabulous card!

    BTW-I've been in the same predicament as you, not much stamping time...hanging in there...it will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say that I really like this card. Maybe I'm dating myself, LOL!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)