Monday, February 11, 2013

Retro Butterfly


It's a rainy day here in Texas, so Laila and I spent some time in my stamp room today while Jason went off to work an extra shift.   I started a card for Retro Sketches yesterday but it never came together and I left it on my desk to work on today.   I finally changed out some things and made it presentable.   :)  


I am proud to say that I also addressed and put this one in the mail for my granny!   She loves my cards and I've been a bit behind in getting them out to her.  I haven't had time to go to the post office to mail a stack of cards to a few blogging friends and some family, but I found a lost stamp to at least send this one to her.  She hasn't been feeling that well and I thought she might need a pick-me-up!  


I know it's been a while since I last posted and that's because Laila started feeling worse.   We were up with her most of the night on Thursday and Friday.   She developed a cough that's still lingering on.   We went to the doctor on Friday and her lungs were clear, but she did have an ear infection in her right ear.   She doesn't have a fever and seems fine other than the occasional coughing while she's sleeping.  Hopefully that goes away soon.   I'm so thankful that we are all getting some rest as those nights last week were rough!   I was a total zombie on Saturday.   She had fun rolling around on her mat and quilt while I stamped this morning.  :)  Now it's about lunch time for us!  

3 comments:

  1. Glad you finished this card because it's gorgeous. The butterfly is beautiful and I love the Versa Mark butterflies in the background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Hope Laila feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Rita! Love the colors on the butterfly. I hope that Laila continues to feel better so you can get some sleep...and stampy time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)