Friday, February 8, 2013

Retro Pinwheels


Laila crashed early on me, so I had time to go stamp a bit more before Jason got home from work.  I wanted to finish my pinwheel card for the awesome sketch at Retro Sketches!   It's another clean-and-simple card with lots of white space!


I pulled out my Polka Dot Parade DSP for this one.  I love that paper and haven't used it nearly enough!  I paired it with some glimmer brads to add a bit of sparkle.  :)   The panel behind the pinwheels is embossed with the new Cloudy Day embossing folder.  I wasn't sure about that one at first, but now I sorta like it.  I'm a bit addicted to embossing folders!  


We have seriously purchased every kind of teething apparatus on the market and Laila still loves her hands the best.  This was my most expensive folly, Sophie the Giraffe.  She likes to throw it in the floor way more than chewing on it.   She's a bit more interested in looking at her spots lately at least.   ;)

11 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! Stood out from the RS gallery! I had to pop in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that embossing folder Rita, and paired with the pin wheels it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love the dots, too.

    Don't worry too much about Laila teething on her hands. My daughter did the same thing. Actually, both of them. Neither of them have turned out to be thumb-suckers either, so maybe Laila won't either. We have a Sophie that was a gift. Elena liked it for a while but then got tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the glimmer brad centers on your pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am waiting for my pinwheel die to come cant wait to have a play with it now i've seen it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Love the fun color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't choose between this fabulous pinwheel card or Laila's darling picture...both are fabulous! I have the framelit but I get frustrated as it is a bit difficult to get the whole thing together without flattening the 'wings'...better look at SU! and see if there is a video that may help me! Thank you - fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts are always wonderful, and I look forward to the baby pics! Don't worry about Sophie--she'll become addicted to it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing idea! Love, love, love the pinwheels! Beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)