Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Gorgeous Grunge Edition

It's a new hop of the Stamp Review Crew!   This time we are featuring Gorgeous Grunge.   I'm not sure gorgeous and grunge are two words that go together, but hey, it works!  If at any time you get lost or disorientated from all the amazing samples, we do have a main landing page for you to recoup and recover on.  


This was my first project  I saw the colors at Hand Stamped Sentiments and decided to give them a go with this set.  Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever used Rose Red!  I don't own the stamp pad, but I did have the marker and one sheet of card stock.  I managed to get my new grid background stamp in there too.  ;)

For my second card I wanted to do a faux watercolor effect.  I inked up the stamps, spritzed them with water, then stamped.  I know it's a splatter stamp to begin with, but I think it still looks kinda cool with some water mixed in.  It's fun that card is so bright and cheery while the other is more masculine and dark.   I love stamp sets that can do both!   

22 comments:

  1. Great colors combo in both! Love the watercolor technique...so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really love your color combos! I need some bright and cheery colors this time of year and these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of colors for both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awesome cards! I love the colors too and the little banners you added are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful and happy are what pops to mind with these two cards. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know which one I like more - the mono-chromatic or the primary color one. Both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards just make my heart happy! I am really drawn to the bright colors and the watercolor effect on the second card. Could be the cabin fever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards..so cheerful! And hats off for your first use of Rose Red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color mix in the first! Love the colors and the random effects in the second! Two great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two awesome cards!! I love your cards and good job on using the Rose Red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun cards! Going with the more "rustic" theme with staples too (My DH hates when I use staples). But wait, do I see a sentiment without letter holes?? Are you liking them a little more?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are totally fun! When I think Gorgeous Grunge I think Johnny Depp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great uplifting cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really showed how this set can be used to create a trendy card such as the first card and an "artsy" card like the one you created for your second project. 2 completely different cards - both outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job showing off this set, Rita! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love the bright colors in your second card -- great examples of contrasting uses of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for you Rita! I love that sentiment with this set - a perfect match. The watercolor card is so fun and happy - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FUN cards! Love them both! Great color choices, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rita you used the Gorgeous Grunge set to perfection! Love, Love the tiny banners! I never thought to go that small!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You aren't alone in never using Rose Red...I had to dig to find some card stock! I love your layout and fun little banners. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice use of the color combo...it looks patriotic, even :) I do love the bright splashes of the watercolored card, too. So juicy looking! Thanks for trying out the color challenge at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOh! I especially like the color combo on the second card and the addition of the Candy dots. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)