Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Freshly Made Sunshine


It's Wednesday, which means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Narelle is our sketch designer and hostess this week and she has a great basic sketch that I just love!  I knew immediately what I wanted to make when I saw it!  My card didn't turn out quite as good as the one in my head, but I still kinda like it.  :)  The stamped image is from See Ya Later, a set you can earn free during Sale-a-bration!  It's pretty awesome!  


See, fun!  And the possibilities are ENDLESS!  That's why I just love sketches. Everyone has such different ideas when they see them and the cards end up so different.  I feel pretty safe and happy on a team with sketches.  Throw me in a color challenge and I fall apart! lol 

Laila LOVES shopping.  She comes and tells us to get in the shower so we can go.  She even took Jason his shoes the other day and told him shopping.  lol  We did have to go grocery shopping on Monday, so she was in heaven.  We always spend a bit of time in the fruits and veggies and EVERY time she has to have an avocado.   Or 'cado as she calls it.  Here she is showing off her treasure.  We've had a much better week thank goodness.  My hormones have settled down and she's managed to get the right amount of sleep.  That's a good combination and we've had a lot fun and snuggles.  :)

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic card!

    Laila is too cute! I can't believe she likes to shop. My granddaughter (3.5 yrs.) hates it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray skies are gonna clear up for sure with this card! Beautifully done and oh so sweet. Yep color challenges make me cray too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avocados...what a riot! She looks sooo very happy and she is tooo funny when she wants to go shopping! So happy that you are having better times! Your card is wonderful - not sure what was in your head but this translation is really great! Always love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card, Rita. Just the right colors with that stamp! LOVE IT! I enjoyed avocados for lunch yesterday and today so I would be just as happy as Laila to have one in my hand- she is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I love this card! That sun is so fun and looks so warm! Love the sentiment in the centre!!! So creative!!! Laila is a doll as always! Love the 'cado! Too bad I don't actually like avocados!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. I love this card. That big sun is so perfect with all those shades of gray! And I happen to know that you do pretty awesome with color challenges so any falling apart you do is not visible to the naked eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, Rita. I love the sentiment you've used with the embossing folder and sunburst (?) technique. So glad that you and Laila are having a good week - long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not kidding....LOVE this card! Great use of the embossing folder and then the grays and yellow. Very cool!

    Oh, and does Laila love to eat avocados, too? I have a super yummy recipe of pork chops and avocado sauce. Love my avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a little doll! Your card is wonderful--love the gray & yellow & the wonderful rays you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, this is a beautiful card! I love the starburst technique, and the gray and yellow are a very pretty combination. Leila is very cute! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an awesome card Rita - love the combination of the sunburst technique, fabulous sentiment and embossed cloud background! Clever mix to make this such a clever card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunshine works great for the shape! I need a bit more sunshine these days! Hope that avocado was as yummy as your card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you made sunshine in the midst of gray skies! Very clever theme and a great card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)