Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stampin' Up! Delicate Doilies


My sweet cousin in Kentucky recently signed up to be a demonstrator and is working on ideas for her open house.  I tried to help her by coming up with a card design for her.  She emailed her list of stamps and current colors and here's what I came up with.   In case she decides to use the idea, I tried to keep it pretty simple so new stampers weren't overwhelmed with their first stamping experience.   Tessa's amazing card was a great inspiration for mine.

Stamps:  Perfectly Penned, Delicate Doilies, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Linen Thread


She looks much too old for me in this one.  Lately when I look at her I find myself starting to cry.  It's going by entirely too fast.  It feels like she should still be a little baby swinging in the swing and needed to be fed and burped.   Her teething necklace is probably going to have to come off soon and we'll shop for a longer one, she's almost in 2T clothes, and I've been looking for ideas for her second birthday party.  Just crazy! Whoever said the days were long, but the years are short really nailed that one!

Before I go, someone asked about the Stenciled class.  You can find it here:  http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/  Hope that helps.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Rita! Love the color combo. That set is on my desk right now..hmmm, I think you have insured me to ink it up today. Happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, those are teething beads...I haven't ever seen those. I guess she uses them, if you need a larger one.

    The card is wonderful. It will be great for beginners. Do I detect stamping off... it seems like there are more colors than mentioned. That's a great beginners technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of wow factor here! The newbies are going to love it.......and think they are Van Gogh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great design for a workshop. It's easy for newbies to do and looks fantastic in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you designed a wonderful card for her...easy to do and gives them a few good techniques to try...hope it generates sales for her! As for Ms Laila, she is no longer a baby but does not look like she is 5 or so....yes her features have changed and she looks more her age of nearly 2....adorable!!!! Agree about her necklace. Deep breaths...remember, she will keep changing! Have a good week - all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)