Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rays of Sunshine


When I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch, I knew I wanted to use my new stencil and stamps to make a card.  Jason got me this set from Papertrey Ink for Valentine's Day and I love it.   I am planning on doing Laila's 2nd birthday in a sunshine theme, so it was on my must-have list for her invitations.  :)   I always feel a bit naughty using non-SU stuff, but what can you do?!


Isn't that fun?  For all the northern folks with snow, I bet the snowman is totally on your minds.  It's warm here, so everyone is outside mowing their lawns today.   We are thinking about going to get Laila a sandbox too.  Crazy how different things are depending on which state you happen to be in.   


I hope everyone had a great day yesterday.  I did not, but I'm shaking it off.  Jason had to work and the toddler tantrums were the worst yet.  I cried myself to sleep last night from mental exhaustion.  I did make my girl some heart-shaped pancakes and a heart-shaped sandwich yesterday in between all the shenanigans. She also got a stuffed Hello Kitty that she had to take to bed and a new book.    

8 comments:

  1. Those days are long, I remember! Great job with your card therapy--your card doesn't give the slightest hint to your frame of mind--and that sunshine is awesome! I adore your card and sentiment--and awesome words to be inspired by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have come up with this -- FABULOUS card! I have found that there are too many great stamp and die companies out there that I just refuse to limit myself to one company any longer. And with all the stampers showcasing their work and sharing, it is impossible not to be inspired.

    Those blue eyes are so beautiful and she is such a cutie. Keep hanging in there -- this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is fantastic! What I wouldn't give to hear a lawn mower right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do what makes you happy and this stencil is wonderful....makes me happy looking at it! And SU! is not giving us stencils, yet??!! Laila looks a bit aprehensive in her photo, but love that you made her a heard pancake...obviously she enjoyed it! So sorry you had another yucky day with her moods...hopefully they will start to slow down....soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Rita. Great design with a lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this so much! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is wonderful! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rays of sunshine and the layered sentiment. great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)