Saturday, January 2, 2016

Favorites of 2015 Part 2

Continuing with yesterday's post, here are the second half of my favorites from last year.  :)  

July:
I don't like swimming or boating, but I love nautical stamps for some reason.   I think it's because they work so well with red and blue   Those are two of my favorite colors and I enjoy working with them.   This was made with one of the Simon Says Stamp card kits that I was getting for a while.  I keep thinking about subscribing again, but I have so much to use up as it is.

August:
Two from August.   I made this pretty sewing card for my mom of course.  I love the designer paper; it's from a pack that Jason got me for Christmas in 2014.   I paired with blacks of the cards with a favorite color, Coastal Cabana!
Play with distress inks again here.  I love the look of the space backgrounds and this was my first attempt at one.  I love  how it turned out!   I need more star themed stamps so I can make them more often.  :)

September:
This is one of those "embracing the white space" cards for sure.  :)   Again, Coastal Cabana and black accompany the white.   I just love those two colors together!

October:
October is my big stamping month, so I have three cards that were favorites.   The first is this gorgeous card that took me days and days to make.  I still can't believe in all those circles!   The result was totally worth it though.
Sunshine stamps are a favorite thing of mine and I love using them for my HYCCT cards.   I love this card and several others did as well.   It just makes me happy to look at and was one of my favorite cards from the challenges.
I discovered a new digital stamp company during HYCCT and this sweet little snowgirl is from them.  I think this is one of my most favorite cards that I've ever made.   I love the way the coloring turned out and the design just makes the image pop!  

November:
 More white space!  I was gifted this lovely poinsettia set from a friend last year and this was my first time using it.  It was fun to color and I love the result of the extra stamping/layering.  
Stencils are always fun to use and I love the background my hexagon stencil helped me make on this card.   It's such a fun backdrop for the beehive.   

December:
And finally, December.  I had two favorites even though I didn't get a lot of stamping in.   The sweet owl card I made for Jason just makes me happy.   
I love polar bears, so this card just had to make the favorites.   The fact that it uses Coastal Cabana helped a bit in making it a favorite too.  lol 

I hope you enjoyed a look back and I look forward to sharing another year of creativity and inspiration with you.  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the circle card so much!!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your favorites posts have totally gorgeous cards! Isn't it fun to see how we've improved and changed over the year?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)