Friday, January 1, 2016

Favorites of 2015 Part 1

I thought I'd start the new year by sharing some of my favorite cards from last year.  It's always nice to look back and see changes in style and (hopefully) improvement in coloring ability.  I have been enjoying my Copics so much and white space is finally my friend.   This year I hope to learn some new techniques, improve even more with my coloring, but most importantly, get cards in the mail!   I am also planning to sell more of them, so I need to figure out a way to do that.   Do you have crafty goals this year?

January:
I finally got some distress inks and started learning a bit on how to blend them.   I just LOVE them and hope to add more to my collection this year!

February:
I love all things retro, so these cute canisters from Two Paper Divas along with some retro colors just makes me happy!

March:
I love this beautiful stamp from Stampin' Up! and enjoy coloring it so much.  It is one I will be keeping in my stash for a very long time!  

April:
I couldn't decide on just one for April, so here's three.   This card just makes me happy.   I love the bright yellow and the sweet flower.   The tilted panels make me a bit anxious, but I'm still working on embracing them.  lol
 Another favorite stamp set.   I just love how super she is!   I love coloring her and love how this one turned out!
These little Lawn Fawn monsters are so dang cute!   I love using them and this combination of colors is a favorite of mine!  

May:
I am NOT a sewing person, but my mom is and I love making cards for her.   I love the fun, bright colors of this one and I hope she did as well.  

June:
 Two cards for this month caught my eye.  It must be the cute rainbow colors.  :)   This little unicorn from Paper Smooches is the most adorable thing and I just LOVE it.  I need to get it out again and color it!  
I am not a watercolor person, but I had fun with this one.   I love the origami map stamp from Neat & Tangled.  

I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of the months!

Happy New Year!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do! We should do this, too! Wow...you make me want to get back out the kitchen stamps and play! Hmmmm....wonder if I can squeeze that in. Beautiful cards the second time around, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years to each and every one of you !!
    May your year be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chance to see your highlights and a few of the cards that made me smile this past year. Thanks for always sharing, Rita.
    ~ Meg

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)