Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Feeling Blue?


It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm the hostess this week and I have a pretty simple sketch.  I like the idea of simple ones that allow you to fill in with what inspires you.

I had a class over the weekend where we learned to make the watercolor backgrounds with a Stampin' Up!  Watercolor Wash background stamp and I loved how mine turned out.  I ended up using it for my card today so that I didn't lose it or spill something on it.  lol  I used Pool Party and Island Indigo, just tapped the pads on the stamp, and then sprayed it with water before I laid my paper on it.  I love the result.  Different amounts of ink and water give different results, so it's fun to play and see what you end up with!  I added some die cut flowers and leaves from my favorite Ellen Hutson dies that had been accented with Wink of Stella.  The sentiment is from a set from The Greeting Farm called Wood Friends

My little cowgirl.  We are starting a little homeschool curriculum and our first week is about cowboys/rodeos/deserts.   :)   

10 comments:

  1. The watercolor background is wonderful! The black is stunning with it! Thanks for the great sketch this week! Happy trails to Laila.....you are so good to do this.....I am sooooo over teaching anyone anything.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your style of cardmaking and when I see a post in my feeds from you, it's the first one I check out. Homeschooling? You are a saint! I couldn't do it -- I have the patience of a gnat. But she certainly does look cute in that hat -- keep those pics coming. I love your cards, but I really look forward to the Laila updates too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and blues look so striking together! Gorgeous card, Rita, and a fabulous and versatile sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the watercolored look of this background and the colors you've used with it. I'll bet this one was a hit with your class. This was a fun sketch, Rita, and it's one I'll be sure to use again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is so awesome!! What a pretty card this is. Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background, love your card, great sketch too. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rita! I love that flower - looks so elegant and dramatic in black! Love the background too! Man, you are so talented!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so gorgeous, Rita. That watercolor background couldn't look any better than it does (and I didn't even know SU had that stamp!) with the technique that you used. And then, the black paired with it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sketch Rita and I just love your card - the black is really striking against the watercolour background and I love the addition of the enamel dots. Top marks for home schooling too - I love the idea of it but just know I don't have the patience for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The watercolor background is gorgeous. And I love it with that outline flower.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)