Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Just a little update...

I just thought I'd check in.  If you are a regular follower, you've probably noticed that I haven't been posting much.  I don't know what's going on, but I just haven't been feeling like stamping much lately.  It's been a while since I had any time to recharge, so I'm feeling pretty worn down both mentally and physically.   Laila has been having a lot of problems at MDO and they are weighing so heavily on my mind.  I'm feeling a bit lost and a lot like a failure.  I did find some groups on Facebook about strong-willed children, so I at least know I'm not alone.   I keep trying to take her to things to expose her to people, kids, and experiences, but it's not easy by any means.  Being the mom with the difficult child at those events is not so fun.  But I go...

We have been working on doing some things at home to make it more structured here.  I don't have a real schedule yet because of all the above crap, but I hope to work on myself and a schedule over the coming weeks.  Here's a few pictures of the fun we've been having as we go through the month learning about deserts.  Our first week is focused on cowboys and the rodeo.







Last week we took a break and went to the Houston Livestock Show and then a NatureFest at a local park.  It was fun and a nice break for us all.  She was well behaved for the most part and had a blast.







I hope to work on some cards over the weekend, so fingers crossed that happens.  I got some fun new stamps I want to ink up, so maybe that will be the motivation I need.  Now I'm off to find some flashlights and candles as our storms are getting worse!

2 comments:

  1. Please, Please, Please give yourself a break! You have to understand that not a lot of people have experienced what you have experienced and no matter how short a time or how long a time you have with a child, when you lose one, it is so very difficult -- you never forget. So Laila is strong-willed, but you will get a handle on it. You'll find what works. She didn't come with a manual, but one thing is certain -- you love her and it shows. We'll wait on the cards because at some point, you'll get your mojo back. Allow yourself the time. When I was blogging, it was just added pressure for me so I quit and I really missed it. Haven't blogged for quite a while and hope to start again, but really, it isn't the most important thing. The most important thing is you and your family! Give yourself some love -- you deserve it! And thanks for the pics -- your photography skills are as awesome as your cards! And she is a cute subject..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I totally understand what you are going through. I raised two very strong willed children and it is definitely a challenge! They are both adults now, one with children of her own. I will tell you, these kids are really, really smart and structure and consistency is your friend. I'm glad you found some support groups on Facebook, I sure wish that had been there when I was raising my kids. If you ever need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen, you can always contact me. I mean that sincerely, my email address is kcrouse1950@verizon.net And as Tami said, give yourself a break and take care of you right now. You and your family are more important than anything!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)