Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Freshly Made Cat Christmas


Happy Wednesday!  We've almost made it though half the week.  Whew!  I know it's been a week here.  I hope yours has been better. Today I'm sharing my card for the new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our queen of shabby chic and layers, Narelle, is our sketch designer this week.  I love what she challenged us with as there are so many ways to use it.  My first thought was washi tape, but the image I picked out was big and didn't leave a lot of room for the vertical parts.  I think I still stuck to the sketch, just in a different scale maybe.  lol  

I don't know where I got the image I used for this. I had printed it off a while back and colored it, but my laptop has since crashed and I can't access my digital stamps to see.   It's adorable and I wish I could remember.  I hope Jason can rescue my digital files and they aren't all lost! 

Amazon was slow to ship the green binder that Laila picked out for her postcards, but we finally got it set up this week.  :)   Her favorite colors are green and orange, so we had to get one that color.  She wanted orange, but I didn't see one.  It's so fun to sit and look through the ones she has.  Thank you to those who sent one.  I hope I managed to reply to everyone who offered to do it.  

School is going okay for her so far, but she gets so upset and has meltdowns when she has to write.  She dislikes writing so much and it seems to make her days rough.  We try to get her to practice so she can be more confident and not get upset, but she just won't do it.  I'll have to do some research on things to do to help her.  She's leanring so much, but that part just gets her.  


11 comments:

  1. Well this little kitty is as sweet as can be! Your coloring is fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this adorable little cat - so cute - and your card is fabulous and totally fits the sketch! I'll try and head to the stationery store this weekend and pick up a couple of postcards from here to send to Laila - I keep forgetting when I'm out shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this card is just way too adorable... and your daughter, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet image! And of course, you've colored it beautifully! I hope Jason can rescue your files. Computer troubles are always so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I keep forgetting to get a postcard when I'm out and about. I'll try to do that this weekend. Is it the physical writing part that Laila hates, or coming up with the ideas? I work in a special ed. class, mostly with kids on the spectrum. We have a few kids who hate to physically write, and throw tantrums when they have to. Sometimes I scribe for them, or have them write the first word of the sentence, and then I write the rest. Maybe Laila's teacher could try something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! Love this card! The Christmas kitty is so sweet ! I love how you interpret Narelle's sketch with these lovely DSPs showing up a bit behind your cute focal image !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable! As always, your coloring is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! I love that little Christmas cat! Your colouring is spot on as always! I totally need lessons!!! Love the little bits of patterned paper peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet card! Your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet Christmas card! Your image is super cute and perfectly coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cat is truly charming - it works perfectly with just those colorful strips of paper! And what a fun postcard album!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)