Wednesday, October 11, 2017

FMS 308: Witch Way is the Candy


Hey! Checking in with a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches today! I got to design the sketch for this week's challenge and I think it's a fun one. :)  I love making cards with the focus on a Polaroid-like piece. I bought a die last year that cut one, but it got mixed up in a friend's things and spent the past year hanging out in Minnesota. She recently visited again and now it's back in Texas. So... I thought I'd base my sketch around it.

I think I am now obsessed with this witch stamp set. I can't stop coloring her! Sandy Allnock has an awesome tutorial on the MFT blog, so I spent time this weekend coloring along with the video. This was my first attempt at following her.  The shadows are much better than I do, so it's been fun to learn about how to color more realistically. Not that green skin and purple hair are realistic, but you know what I mean... ;)

I hope you'll come play along with us this week! 


7 comments:

  1. fun sketch and your coloring is absolutely amazing!! (I watched that video, too... you absolutely nailed the techniques sandy shared!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to you oh color master! I could binge watch Sandy's videos and never be able to do this! Adorable card! And thanks for the fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green skin and purple hair aren't realistic over here either, but that doesn't stop me admiring this adorable little witch and the fabulous way you've colored her. I haven't watched Sandy's video yet but really do need to. Great sketch, by the way - even if I did butcher it somewhat. BTW, what brand is your polaroid die?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card Rita! I love that little witch! Your colouring is amazing! Love those bright colours! So perfect for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cute witch and you've done a beautiful job of coloring her! This was a fun sketch, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! I am really loving how you are coloring up this witchy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This card is awesome! The colours are amazing - this is one fabulous card Rita!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)