Wednesday, October 18, 2017

FMS309 Thankful Leaves


Time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I had a difficult time with this one. I wasn't have a good day mentally yesterday and that really impacted my creativity. I did finally get something that wasn't totally awful, so I decided to go ahead and post it. I'm trying to get better about playing along again and they won't all always be masterpieces, right? lol  Linda is the sketch designer and I am absolutely in LOVE with what she did with the sketch. Be sure you jump over to the FMS page and check it and all the other DT cards out.


My card is also for Ceal's challenge over at the Splitcoast Falliday Fest challenges. She asked everyone to use an acrylic block on their background. I used the Stampin' Up! D block and distress inks for mine. I did mess up my original background, so I die cut the area and moved it to a new front. 


Laila had an awful day at school yesterday that included kicking her teacher. They did a reflection discussion at school over it and she did apologize. We talked about it more at home and decided to do something nice for the teacher. We decorated a bag and added snacks and then also made her a card. I was hoping our success on Monday would keep going, but it was the total opposite yesterday.  She did do good in specials at the end of the day, so that was a plus. That's been one of her biggest problem areas, so that was good to see. We'll keep working and seeing how things go.  We've always been told that it gets worse before it gets better, so... 

9 comments:

  1. What a cool background! The colors are beautiful in it. I'm sorry you guys had a bad day yesterday, but I love your last sentence and I'm glad that even in the midst of the yuckiness you can see through it. Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeow that is one glorious fall background! Wonderful colors and technique! You still got it girl and don't ever think otherwise! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This background is just awesome Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Rita! I love that background! The colours are so rich and so perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! Your background totally ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is fantastic! I don't even KNOW how you did the background but it really makes that leaf look great. And the jaunty angle of the horizontal layers is a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that background....it is awesome! Perfect way to show off that leaf. And I'm so glad you shared this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous background! This is a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)