Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Cool New Tool and My "First" Card

My new best friend!   The new Color Coach (#121620) is AWESOME!   It is so helpful in picking colors that work together.   The first few cards provide so much information about color theory and then you get to the colors themselves.   On the back of each color card, there are two color combinations listed to help you plan out the colors for your cards.   Love it!

My "first" card.    When I sat down to make this card, it took me a minute to catch my breath.    I have been making cards for several years, but when I cut into this paper, it wasn't for my hobby.  It was my new BUSINESS!   I admit it, I was NERVOUS!    I love this stamp set and used it to CASE this lovely card from Ruth.     I used the Color Coach to pick two colors that worked well together and I think it turned out great!
I'll try to include all of the item codes in my card recipes to make ordering easy.

Card Recipe:
Ink:   Old Olive Classic Ink (#102277), Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink (#115658)
Paper:  Old Olive card stock (#100702), Rich Razzleberry card stock (#115316), Whisper White card stock (#100730)
Stamps:  Vintage Vogue in clear mount (#118598)
Tools, etc:   Clear block C (#118486), Paper Cutter (#104152), SNAIL Adhesive (#104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

Stamping always requires some extra help!   :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the color combination on this card! I think I'm going to have to try this out. ;)
    Jessica
    redmonkeyscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)