Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Brayered Sunset

I have been in love with these types of images for ages now and finally broke down and purchased a brayer.   I had never really used one except to ink up an embossing folder or background stamp, so I was a bit scared to try anything more difficult than that.   I saw this great tutorial over on Andrea Walford's blog and decided it was a great place to start.   Mine has a ton of flaws and I'd love some ideas on how to turn it into a card, but I have to say, it was FUN!    I can't wait to try again and I hope my technique gets better as I keep practicing.   Any tips/hints welcome.  :)

Recipe:
Paper:  Whisper White card stock (#100730)
Tools:   Brayer (#102395)
Ink:  More Mustard Classic Stampin' Pad (#103152), Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad (#105216), Riding Hood Red Classic Stampin' Pad (will be in new catalog), Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad (#100908)
Stamps:  Upsy Daisy (#111710)

If you haven't thought about trying out this technique, DO It!  It is so fun and I think it makes for such a pretty image, even when done by a beginner.    If you are interested in trying it out and want some help, call me up and we'll get together and brayer away!   :)  

2 comments:

  1. Why not just layer iton to a cardbase... tie ribbon across bottom and wah lah... it's GORGEOUS, so I don't think it needs much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image! I still have not tried brayering...I need to. You may have already turned this into something great, but my suggestion would be to mat it with some Chocolate Chip and Dusty Durango & add a sentiment in the top left hand corner. It's pretty enough on its own. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)