Sunday, June 24, 2012

Card Patterns 171

Last night I started a card using this fun sketch from Card Patterns but tired out before I could finished it.   I was able to finish it this morning since I was up at 4am.   I hate that I can't sleep these last few days that I actually can, but what can you do?   I think this baby girl is already getting me on a schedule to wake up every 2 hours and I'm helpless to stop her.  lol   Anyway...  I pulled the colors from an old colourQ challenge and used a few of my new goodies to make this one.
I'm still figuring out my new Summer Silhouettes stamp set.   I'm thinking it might be one I should have bought in wood.   I tried to eyeball the little turquoise flowers and didn't get them where I wanted them.   I should know by now that I need my Stamp-a-ma-jig for everything or else I'll not be happy with how it turns out!   Close is only good in horseshoes, NOT stamping.  :)   I paired it with an awesome new butterfly from Papillon Potpourri and a neutral gray button.   Pretty simple card, but a fun one for summer I think!

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, In Colors DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Labels Collection Framelits, Elegant Butterfly punch,  Wisteria Wonder Baker's Twine, Neutrals buttons, Basic Pearls

3 more days until Laila arrives!!!!    :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fanatic about placement so I'm sure my stamp-a-ma-jig hates me! I love the mix of texture and dots on this card and the flowers are beautiful. That stamp set is already on my next order so I'm filing this one away to CASE later!!

    And I hope you can rest a bit during the final stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable card. Lots of cute touches. Thanks for the inspiration! Kit Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Rita!
    You're on a roll with fantastic designs. Congrats for being on iPICKS!

    Hope all goes well for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)