Sunday, June 17, 2012

Melon Birthday Birds

  
Sunday mornings are a favorite of mine and I am up early enjoying the next to last one I have before Laila arrives.   I can't help but wonder if she'll be an early bird like me or sleep in like Jason.   Since I've craved all the foods that HE likes, I'm thinking she's going to be like her daddy.  :)    I had wanted to stamp last night but we started watching Game of Thrones and then I got caught up reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (I know!  What?!).  Thankfully I still remembered the card I wanted to make when I woke up this morning.   It combines the fun colors at Dynamic Duos with the bird challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
Something I learned while making this... Staz-On before 8am is not necessarily a good idea, nor is fussy cutting.  :)   I powered through my issues and finished it though.   Aviary is one of those sets that had been on my wishlist for ages and ages and I finally got it on my last order.    I just love how cute it is!   I love it in these colors too!   Off topic, but does anyone else always want to call it Mambo Melon or is that just me?

Stamps:  Aviary, Something to Celebrate (retired)
Ink:  Staz-on Black, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Cheerful Treat DSP
Tool/Accessories:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Basic Pearls, Black satin ribbon (retired)

18 comments:

  1. You are a stamping machine these days! Love this - the birds, the colors, the bow - wow factors! Enjoy the extra stamping time for now...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo--this is totally adorable! The colors are fabulous together and I know what you mean about the early morning fussy cutting. For me it is at night when the lighting is bad, but I too power through it. Thanks for playing along with our theme challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty!!! Love the color combo and the perfect black bow!! Great layout and accents!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still have to tell me wht you thought about Game of Thrones, girly! I'm loving that series...can't wait for season three. I'm cracking up at your "fussy cutting before 8am" comment. I think we share the same feeling about that...the word fussy is in there for a reason, right!? Lol!

    Now let's talk about that cute card, ma'am! That is one of my favorite sets and I love, love, LOVE everything about this card. The clean layout, the luscious bow and yes, especially those fussy cut, feathered friends. Awesome way to showcase the color combo. Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos, too! Have a super flabby day today! Hugs! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't know why I added a frown face to the end of that comment...stupid iPad has a mind of its own sometimes! Muah!

      Delete
  5. lovin' the snazzy pop of PINK on your card, your little birds and owl are too tweet! :) Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! So cheerful and I don't see any Staz-On or fussy cut issues! So glad that you are getting to play before Laila comes along. Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cute card. Love all the birdcages! Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha .. no Staz On or fussy cutting before 8am - love it!!! You still managed to pull of a brilliant and dynamic card. Love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those stamps in the black and melon. Fun design and I love that black satin with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this card! It's very neat and tidy, which I always admore but never seem to emulate! Fabulous job! Thank you so much for linking up with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this stamp set (as you can tell by HSS's blog header:)) So fun and classy looking. You did a beautiful job! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning cards and fab news on the little one i pray all goes well for you Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I've seen your blog before but just began following. Found you via SC.
    www.porchswingcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too cute! Love all those birds in their cages! What a great design!!! Thanks for joining us again at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little birdies. Love the pink polka dot paper for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so well done, Rita; I love the balance and the perfect bow! It's been pinned for inspiration as I have this set, uninked. Thank you. (I have trouble with the name, too, but haven't thought to switch them. From now on it will be Mambo Melon, however! I like that much better!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful card Rita. I think you've got the combination of white and colour just right on it. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)