Thursday, June 7, 2012

DD5: Cheers!

I've been wanting to play along with the Dynamic Duos challenge all week but kept waiting on my new designer paper!  Once it got here the week got busy and of course I put it off.   This morning I finally realized the deadline was today so I HAD to do it or miss out on the fun!   I decided to use my new stamp set (again!) and a new embossing folder, the Chevron pattern!  I think it's fun to emboss designer paper; it just adds some fun to it and fun is what Happy Hour is all about, right?!  
Aren't those colors great together?   I'm normally terrified of color challenges but I'm trying to embrace them and gain some confidence in mixing them up.   Island Indigo is one of my favorite colors for sure and red...well, who doesn't love red?!   

Stamps:  Happy Hour
Ink:  Real Red, Island Indigo
Paper:  Real Red, Island Indigo, Whisper White, 2011-2013 In Colors DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Chevron embossing folder, Scallop Circle punch, Circle punch, Brights Glimmer Brads

9 comments:

  1. I love the embossed DSP and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What HAPPY card this is Rita! LOVE your embossed DP and that yummy little strawberry. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card.....for some reason I have never thought to emboss my DSP...I will have to give it a try. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you put those colors together, especially that great blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Rita, this is fabulous! So cheerful and I love that chevron embossed DP! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned two things looking at this card. First Island Indigo and Real Red look fantastic together and embossing DSP is so AWESOME! I love how you've been using this stamp set. It tells me that summer is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Rita! Wow, so excited for my new goodies, that chevron folder is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That embossing folder and stamp set will be hitting my house next week, too. Love them! This is too cute, Rita! You really made the colors pop! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!! Love the Chevron folder with the polka dots and that drink is too yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)