Friday, June 8, 2012

HSSCC121: Yellow Flowers

The challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week is totally Laila's colors so I just had to play along!   I needed to get some thank you cards made for all the lovely gifts my friends have been sending and this was the perfect challenge for that.   :)  
For this one I used more new goodies from my last order.    The flower images are from a stamp set called Reason to Smile and will be a great promotion for July!   Be sure to check back in July for the details on that; it will definitely make you smile.  :)    I also used the new Finishing Touches Edgelits for the cute little border on the Daffodil Delight layer.   I just love these colors together!   

Stamps:  Reason to Smile, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Going Gray
Paper:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Going Gray, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Basic Gray 3/8 taffeta ribbon (retired), Stamp-a-ma-jig

Before I go, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from the nursery.  Last club meeting we were discussing the letters that I had bought and what to do with them.   A couple of the ladies had the idea to cover them in fabric and my sweet friend Shannon took on the task!   Didn't she do an amazing job?!   I love them!   Below is a Pinterest inspired project.   I needed some inexpensive decor and thought the fabric covered embroidery hoops were perfect!  They are fun and made one of the short plain walls a bit more festive.  :)

12 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Really a fun color combo!!!! Love the use of the new products!!! Great color for the new stamp set!!! Your decorations are so cute!!! Congratulations!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Rita... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Rita! Love that stamp set, too! Ahhh, something else to add to my ever-growing order today. Haha! The letters and the wall hangings came out great. Now all that nursery needs is little Laila! It's almost time!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, I love the neutral DSP, it really makes a statement and the edgelits are perfect for the card front. You're letters are so cute! What a great idea. I did that same thing for my boys using scrapbook paper and modge podge. To this day they are my favorite items on their walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This challenge was made for you - and Laila! Such a pretty card! I love your nursery decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that this challenge was tailor made for you! I love that stamp set and can't wait to ink it up! And I love the fabric art for Laila - simple projects with a big impact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am love, Love, LOVING all the clean details in this card. Thanks for sharing such a fabulous card over at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW, such a fresh and fun Thank you card...and your nursery decor is FABULOUS!! LOVE LOVE LOVE those fabric pinterest inspired hoops. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week and congrats on your bundle to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you and Laila played along:-) You already know I love this card! And your decorations are so cute! Laila is a lucky girl! Thanks for playing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colour combo is fab. Love the elegance of the card. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an adorable card! I love daisies and your card showcases them beautifully. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flowers, polka dots, borders and bows! Perfection! Your card is beautiful, and so are your nursery decorations, fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)