Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sailing Away (I wish!)


Happy Wednesday! And Happy July!   We've made it to the middle of the week and the middle of the  year.  Woo Hoo!  I'm happy to say that as yesterday was a super crappy day for me and my girl.  We survived, but man!  Those threes might just be worse than the twos and we just got started!  Anyway...  I'm the hostess/designer/thingamajigger at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I hope you like the sketch I came up with.   I did a wee bit (okay, a lot) of stretching of the sketch for my card.  My card kit from Simon Says Stamp came and I just had to use it!   It is such a fun one and I love how my card turned out!   I can't wait to ink it up again soon!

You can see all the elements of the sketch in my card, right?  Yeah!   lol  I love what the rest of the team did, so be sure you hop over and see their amazing creations as well.  


I'm pretty sure that blowing out the candles is Laila's favorite part of her birthday parties.  :)    She was quite happy that she got the strawberry cake she asked for.  Jason and I aren't the best cake makers, but we worked together to make her a homemade one.   

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love how you did the water. My kit came yesterday, so thank for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. I love everything about your card! And that strawberry cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ocean waves! Adorable card! And I love your sketch! Can't believe Miss Laila is three! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally rocked the sketch Rita! The design is fabulous and I love how you colored the waves. And that strawberry cake looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great nautical card! Like your waves and the fishtail flags look terrific. Nice sketch, too. Sweet b.d. pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just love your interpretation of the sketch! So clever and so cool and your little sailboat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Laila!
    Fabulous card Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita... card is fabulous love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card Rita! I love the design and colours! What an adorable little girl Laila is . . . and that cake . . . YUMmmmm! Thanks for the sketch and inspiration at FMS! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this card is amazing! It is totally the sketch but with the usual Rita flair! Totally jealous of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card Rita! Love that nautical theme! That boat is so perfect! Love the flags and the waves! Thanks for such a fun sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, Ms. Thingamajigger! This card is out-of-this-world fabulous! Yes, I definitely see the sketch, but how you created the elements, ie. the banners, the sea, etc. is just an awesome example of your extreme talent and eye for design. I want this card! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)