Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Stampin' Up! Best Thoughts


It'ms time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Karren is our amazing sketcher this week and has a fun one!  If you like using large images or a big panel of white space, it's going to be the perfect sketch for you!  I took advantage of it and used this big ol' flower from this Stampin' Up Best Thoughts set that has been sitting uninked (gasp!) on my shelf for way too long.  I used some watercolor paper and my Gansai Tambi watercolors.   I am not a watercolorer, but it was fun to play.

See?  Isn't that fun?  I love the little angle sliver on the edge.  It helps add a fun bit of interest beside the large panel.  Sneak in a little piece of that pretty paper you've been hoarding.  ;) 

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous and so perfectly detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of colours for this image is fabulous & eye-catching! Gorgeous card; love the peek of gingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful flower - can't believe you haven't used it before! Love the little touch with the butterfly. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are a wonderful "watercolorer!" The flower is bold and beautiful! And I love the gingham peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is gorgeous and you've colored it beautifully, so don't say you're not a watercolorer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure you're not a watercolorer? Because this is amazing! And I love the little butterfly sitting on the flower petals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! the coloring you did is spectacular!! and the whole color choice and the addition of the gingham.... beautiful

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this pretty card Rita! That flower is gorgeous and your colouring is spot on as always! Love the butterfly too! Can't wait to see what you real Monarch's look like when they "hatch"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the bold watercolor flower and the touch of red gingham, a country charmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the bold watercolor flower and the touch of red gingham, a country charmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Rita! I just love the bright gingham paper!
    Do drop in and play 'Paru's Card Making Challenges..'Anything Goes' April Challenge!
    http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/2016/04/april-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, Rita! You've colored the flower like a watercolor pro, and I love that butterfly -- it almost looks real.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)