Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Freshly Made Coffee


It's Freshly Made Sketches Day!   Amy created a fun sketch for us and I think you'll enjoy it.  There are so many ways you can interpret it.  The possibilities are just endless as you can see from the team examples!  I said this week I wanted to work with stamps that were new and uninked, so I grabbed this coffee set from Uniko and my card evolved from there.

Edited to add:  Several people have emailed me about the embossing folder I used.  You can find it here and probably a lot of other online stores.  I picked mine up at my local Hobby Lobby.

To be honest, I almost didn't post my card.  It didn't really turn out like I wanted and it photographed even worse.  I made it in the midst of the chaos of Laila and Sadie, so I was distracted and not really in my creative place. But, they can't all be good, right?  lol

We are expecting more rain today here in Texas, so keep the state in your thoughts today.  

11 comments:

  1. Lovin' that embossed row of cups! Sweet coffee card with its pop of blue! Sure hope the storms are over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Embossed coffee cups, and cute ones at that. And I love that sweet sentiment. I hope you guys are safe and aren't in danger of floating away. I think about you each time I hear reports on Houston's flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for a card that you don't care for, all I can say is wow! It's great! I love the pop of blue and the embossing folder you used. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Where do I get that embossing folder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Lovin' all that white space and the blue really pops against it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever doubt your creativity, Rita. This card is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! I think it came out great, despite the chaos. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card - can't imagine why you don't like it! I was thinking about all that Texas rain and I remembered that last year (possibly around the same time??) there was a lot of rain too. I think it might have been you that posted a picture of your friend's car submerged in water! I'm not sure what is up with the crazy weather - oh yeah, it's imaginary global warming, but I hope you stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous card! I love the coffee cup and that embossing folder! It is pretty snazzy! The little flower is so sweet! Hope the weather improves there this week and there aren't any storms that bring on chaos! You guys sure have some crazy weather down there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your own worst critic for sure. This is adorable!! Love the fun cup and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this coffee card and the matching embossing folder you've used Rita!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)