Monday, May 8, 2017

Greeting Farm Magical Friends


Happy May! I can't believe I haven't posted at all this month.  It looks like this drought of creativity is going to last for a while.  I don't know what to do about it, so I'm just not pressuring myself and waiting see what happens.  We did have a birthday party on Saturday, so I made a card for that.  The birthday girl is a very girly girl who loves unicorns, so I hope she liked it.  :) 

We are still raising caterpillars and releasing butterflies.  We had two pretty ladies eclose today.  They were perfect and flew off to their next destination.  It always amazing to hold one and see the beauty of them in your hand.  I hate to think that they only live 6 weeks, but I hope we are helping to keep the population going.  A very small percentage of eggs (estimates are around 5%) survive outside to become butterflies, so we are giving them a better chance than they'd have out there.  Wasps are bad this year, so any caterpillars that aren't found and brought inside are killed by those.  :(  I know the circle of life and all that, but it still makes me sad.  

Anyway...  
Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)