Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Stampin' Up! Lacy & Lovely


One more playing around card.  I love this Lacy & Lovely set and I haven't inked it up in ages.  I found a pretty distress ink combination that I thought would be fun with it.  It didn't turn out that great, but it was more my design than the colors or stamps.  I just can't find my mojo.  :/  If you see it, send it home!


It's been a rough parenting day.  So much defiance.  Yesterday was amazing and awesome, but today has been something else.  We did have three Monarchs eclose and releasing them was at least one highlight for the day.  She starts play therapy on Thursday, so I'm hoping that will help.  I am so nervous about her starting kindergarten.  I just don't think it is going to go well.  She's already asking what happens if she doesn't listen to the teacher.  Sigh.  We are meeting with the principal on Friday to talk about her and her needs.  I hate to get in and sound negative about her, but I do want to be honest.  She is going to be a challenge.  She is also so smart and will be an amazing student if we can get her issues under control.  I hope they can see that.  She gets labeled "that kid" a lot already and I'm probably guilty of doing it myself on the exhausting days like today.  She's way more than that and I just want people to see that.  To see the amazing parts.  


1 comment:

  1. Your card is very pretty! I like the way the colors blend together.

    Laila is lucky to have such a great mom. You have shown over and over again how much you want to help her succeed, despite her challenges. I am a para-educator in a special education class, and we have many students that sound like your Laila. I know the words "special education" can be scary, but it's amazing how well the kids do in smaller classes with specially trained teachers and paras. We teach the kids all kinds of strategies for overcoming their challenges. All school districts organize special ed. differently. I'm assuming Laila has, or will have, an IEP. That will help her get special services to learn how to live with and/or overcome her own challenges. It's good that you're meeting with her soon-to-be principal. He/she should be able to guide you in the right direction to get help for Laila. I'm so happy to hear that Laila is starting play therapy this week. Several of my students do that, and it is so beneficial for them. I know we don't know each other IRL, but I'm always happy to talk or bounce around some ideas to help you. Sending love and prayers for a good summer, and a smooth transition to kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)