Saturday, May 27, 2017

IC599: Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics


I sat down to stamp today and yet again, felt lost on what to make.  I decided to go back to where I started, Splitcoast Stampers.  I haven't been over there for a while, but there are always great challenges.  Today's challenge is the Inspiration Challenge.  There's a link to a Pinterest board of gorgeous baskets to take inspiration from.  I chose this basket and wanted to use the Butterfly Basics stamp set.  I am in a mood to use butterflies and cats.  I actually NEED some cat stamps, so I'm on the lookout for some cute ones.  :) I have a lot of cat loving friends I like to make cards for but not that many choices to use.

The background is the Watercolor Wash background from Stampin' Up! I find it fun to play around with that one to see what looks you can get.  I inked it with Smoky Slate, stamped off, and then sprayed lightly with water before stamping on watercolor paper.  I liked the look. I used that same method on the fern stems.

I'm off to figure out dinner.  Jason finished up Laila's playset today, so he's tired.  I haven't felt the best, but I think I can handle cooking some hot dogs.  :)

Have a great weekend. zIC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)