Sunday, August 20, 2017

Camp Create Magnificent Masking


Hello!  I hope you've had a great weekend.  We haven't done much today and that's been nice.  :)  I've been in my stamp room again working on purging and organizing. I know it has to get worse before it gets better, but man.  It's a hot mess.  I did take some time last night to do a bit of stamping.  I did another of the MFT Camp Create challenges, this time masking. I struggle with masking, but I love the look.  I had trouble because I had to use regular sticky notes because my Post-It tape was hiding.  I think the end result is okay though.  I even decided to make a shaker card to use up some of the 4 billion sequins I "needed" at some point.

Sorry for the bad picture.  I'm trying to move my light tent and lights and I'm guessing the new place needs some tweaking.


Today we had one butterfly eclose, a male. Usually the males take off as soon as we get them out, but this guy stayed around for a while.  I think he liked getting his picture taken. :)  I'm sad because I have to take a break raising my guys.  Little Lady can't seem to shake her flea/worm issue, so I have to treat her for the third time.  The flea meds are toxic to caterpillars, so I have to avoid being near them for a while.  With school starting soon, it's probably a good time for a break anyway.  The current guys have devoured most of my plants anyway!


2 comments:

  1. A neighbor who has a butterfly garden uses cuttings from the stalks of milkweed plants the caterpillars have devoured all the leaves from to start new plants. She cuts the stalks off diagonally and sticks them in soil. There will be several cuttings from one long stem. She does this in a small raised bed. I went to see her butterfly garden and this was one of the things she showed us.There was like a little forest of all these stalks sticking up from the dirt. No new plants had developed yet so I don't know for sure it worked - but she said it did. Have you ever tried this? Your butterfly garden and the pictures you post are great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)