Saturday, August 12, 2017

Stampin' Up! Swallowtail


Hey! I'm back. :) Believe it or not, I managed to finish all 35 of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges.  I didn't think I would as I ran out of steam on Sunday, but I jumped back in on Monday and Tuesday and finished.  It was work, but yay! Now I have to send out all the birthday cards that I missed while I was stamping. Oops!

I love this giant Swallowtail stamp.  I didn't buy it when it was current in the catalog, but I think a nice friend might have gifted it to me.  I can't remember who though. I swear I struggle with memory, sometimes to the point that I almost make a doctor's appointment for it.  Anyway...  I used just the regular distress inks and painted them on with my fingers.  I added water to the paper, pressed the ink pads on my craft mat, spritzed those, and then painted away.  My fingers were only red for four days or so after. Ha! I did dry it at that point and then lay it on the leftover inks to give it more of the water splattery look.  Now I'm making up words...


Wednesday evening Laila went out to play and I noticed she was awfully quiet and not running in and out like she usually does.  I walked out and found her like this, sitting in the middle of mud.  She was having a blast.  I let her play until time for pajamas and then shooed her into the shower to wash that off.  I'm sure my washing machine is now full of sand from washing those clothes.  I debated about just throwing them away because they were gross! Today we went swimming with a friend.  She had so much fun! Jason ended up signing her up for weekly swim classes, so fingers crossed she cooperates and has fun. We start next Friday.

I'm off to finish listing some stuff on eBay and cleaning my room.  I'm hoping to have a giveaway on my blog soon, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, MsLeeAnn , that is so BEAUITFUL, love those colors ,
    And OMG mud?? Oh nooooooo, but grandma fun is fun, lol
    Good luck on swimming, I remember those days , my grand daughter just started school, yayyyyyy, more stampin time, lol,
    Oxox
    Hug Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love how you did the colors in the background. I saw the picture of Laila and thought, "Gosh, that looks like mud." Sure enough, when I read it, I laughed. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are crazy talented girl! All 35? Amazing! And every one I have sen has been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)