Friday, August 4, 2017

Dare to Get Dirty continuted


A little blast from the past here.  I love cone flowers.  I have them in my garden and I end up with a ton of pictures of them when we go to the arboretum.  I missed getting this set when it was current, but a sweet friend sent me hers because she knew how much I love the flowers.  I thought the silhouette of them would look pretty on a yellow and orange background.  And, remember Tiny Tags? Now that was another favorite of mine and I added some of those too.  That's one set and punch I'll keep for sure.


The other night before I went to bed I made a few backgrounds and left them to dry.  This was one of them.  I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up and saw how it turned out.  Hopefully it reminds you of a beach?  lol  That big huge acrylic block from Stampin' Up! comes in handy for backgrounds sometimes. I tapped on two blues and two browns of distress ink, spritzed it, and laid it on watercolor paper to try.  Doesn't get much easier than that!



Oh look! More cone flowers.  lol  Power Poppy had this beautiful digital stamp, so of course I needed it.  Since I had Tiny Tags on my desk, I used the friends stamp to add a little sentiment. I am really liking digital stamps lately, but my printer gets a bit grumpy about it.  I need to make sure the next one we get has an option to feed the paper differently.

We went school clothes and shoe shopping today.  I can't believe it's so close!  It does start later here on the 28th, so a little while longer at least.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Rita, I see you do l love coneflowers, and I especially love the last card with the beautiful Power Poppy flowers by Marcella. Your coloring is amazing, and you make them come alive! Truly a stunning card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cards they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE anything black and yellow...that card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)