Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 302


Jumping in and playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I saw the sketch and had an idea, so I tried to find time to see if that idea translated well to paper.  I am happy with how it turned out.  I had the watercolor background in my stash waiting to be used, so yay for one less thing being stored. :) I've been trying to use more vellum lately too as it's been sitting unused for a while too. I hope you like it!

Before I run off and get ready for playgroup, I thought I'd share pictures of Laila's school.  

 This is the library.  It is amazing. I wanted to just move in!

 I took this when we were walking in.  It's neat because all the grades have their own hallway.

 Her classroom.  They are still waiting on tables for the room.

She made herself at home.  She was pretty overwhelmed, but she did hug her teacher by the end of our visit.  I hope she's excited to go on Monday.  I'm a bit nervous about figuring out drop off and all that, but Jason took off all next week.  I'm happy to have backup! 

9 comments:

  1. Neat card. I like the vellum on it. Laila's school looks so cool! Can't wait to hear how she likes it next week. Sending happy thoughts and wishes for a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright sunny yellow on your card with the sweet vellum clouds! And I love that school! Amazing! Hoping Laila loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!! Love the fun way you did the background and used the vellum for the clouds. What great photos. Looks like a nice classroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love that sunshine and the clouds! So bright and cheery and will make someone smile! Laila's school looks amazing! You need to volunteer in that library!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bright and sunny card! The vellum clouds add interest without being overwhelming. Fabulous school! I hope it all works out for Laila.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing for this sunshine to return to you soon! Love the background on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool card! I love that background and I'm a believer that vellum makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like this card is raining sunshine! Wishing the same for the Houston area!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure I like it! This big sun over your watercolor background is absolutly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)