Sunday, August 27, 2017

MFT Card Challenge 347


Howdy! I did a bit of stamping yesterday and today and wanted to share one of my projects. I loved the sketch at MFT Card Challenges this week. I didn't have the die to make the shape they used, so I made due with a boring old rectangle. You know how much I love this set, so I colored it in Laila's favorite colors, orange and green.  :) It probably makes it look a bit Halloweenish, but that's okay. Halloween is awesome and coming up soon, so I can always use it then.

Sketch Challenge 347 #mftstamps

Hurricane Harvey is still dropping a lot of rain on my area, so we are staying inside.  Roads are flooded and some businesses and houses are starting to as well.  We missed the direct hit and the wind, but the rain is going to do a lot of damage. :( School won't be starting tomorrow and is postponed until at least Wednesday now.  Send good thoughts to Texas in hopes that the rain moves out soon.

We did get out some yesterday during a lull and took a walk.  That hasn't happened today, so we are inside with a bit of cabin fever.  Laila wants to go splash in puddles again, but it's a bit more than puddles out there right now.  I'll share a picture of her from yesterday as well as a beautiful butterfly that came to visit.  We haven't seen any butterflies today, but the rain hasn't stopped our little hummingbird from visiting the feeder.



Off to eat lunch and maybe sneak in a nap.  I have lots of new books on my Kindle and of course there's always stamping...

2 comments:

  1. Rita, what a fun card, and I love the colors! Your coloring is amazing, and what a great sketch for it!! Love seeing Laila playing in the water. Stay safe, and I trust that you and the family will be fine. Texas sure has been hit hard, and it's moving eastward. Such a tragic storm for so many. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable! I'm always amazed at your coloring. It's just not something I'm good at. Very cute picture of Laila! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)