Sunday, April 3, 2011

Challenge: Recycle!


This challenge was most definitely a CHALLENGE for me! The Paper Players challenge was to use something recycled on our card. I love the idea, so I looked around for items I could use and tried to go from there. Here is a link to the challenge: http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2011/04/challenge-41-recycling.html

Here are the recycled elements:
1. butterfly: a scrap of designer paper was glued to a cereal box and then cut out with the Big Shot. The dimensionals behind the butterfly are the edges of the sheet that I cut up and used.
2. The image behind the butterfly is one I had previously stamped and ended up not using after all.
3. The ribbon was something that a customer at work was going to throw away. My co-workers were kind enough to save it to me because they knew I could use it on a card.
4. Finally, the layout is recycled from last year's Summer Mini catalog (page 16).

Stamps: Watercolor Trio (retired), All Holidays
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, In Color Hostess stack, Whisper White
Accessories: recycled ribbon, Basic Pearls
Tools: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die

7 comments:

  1. Awesome "recycling"! I particularly love the cereal box usage as well as that yummy ribbon! THanks for playing with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love your colors and the layout is so fresh. The show stopper is that luscious ribbon. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job with this challenge! Love the cereal box idea and love your layout "recycling"!!! Thanks for joining us at th Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throw away ribbon?? Unthinkable to a paper-crafter! I really like how you've layered the elements of your card. It really has wonderful dimension and topped off with that fabulous butterfly, it's divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh! I am glad you salvaged that fabulous ribbon! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, that ribbon is gorgeous. I am so pleased it found a new home on this fabulous card! I love the colors you used and the window frame technique behind the butterfly. It really is a beautiful card.
    So glad you joined the paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love when your friends and co-workers save fabuous crafting treasure because they know you will turn it into something fabulous? :) Love the stamped image the butterfly is framed on, too. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)