Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just Add Candy

Just Add Ink's challenge is super fun this week. It is a color combination, but most definitely NOT an ordinary one. You were to be inspired and create a card based on the colors of your favorite chocolate bar wrapper. Any idea what wrapper inspired this card?   I'll post the answer tomorrow.  :)

Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments (hostess)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Pacific Point, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Neutrals and Brights Designer Paper stacks
Tools: Owl punch, Itty Bitty Punch pack
Accessories: Basic Pearls



My idea was based on an Almond Joy candy wrapper, but I love Mounds too (dark chocolate...yum), so I think it probably ended up being more of a combination of the two.  I would have had to use a bit less red for a true Almond Joy look.    Great challenge!

9 comments:

  1. Oh! you are a tease. This card is super cute. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Rita. I love your little owls and the DSPs.

    I am going to guess a Nestle Crunch. I haven't had one in years, but I seem to remember it had a similar colour scheme...I think?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...just me again. On second thoughts...it could be a Snickers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute.....a little upside down Owl. Great colours. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Rita! I love your use of Silhouette Sentiments for the owls' branches. I'm guessing your favourite chocolate bar may be one we don't get in Australia??!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Rita! I love your owls and the way you've used the dsp. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and no I didn't guess it, so had to pop back to see what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a super cute card-love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card...love the upside down owl. Thanks for playing this week at Just Add Ink ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)