Monday, May 6, 2013

Duo Sketchy Flower

     

Howdy!  Finally checking back in with a little stamping.  I've had this card on my desk for a few days and never really got it to work out.  I finally gave up today, but wanted to share it anyway.   It combines the colors from Dynamic Duos with the sketch at Sketch Frenzy Friday.


Stamps:  NONE
Ink:  NONE
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Brights DSP stack, Greenhouse Gala DSP (ret)
Accessories:  Subtles glimmer brads, Basic Pearls
Tools:  Big Shot, Fancy Fan EF, Fun Flowers die, Boho Blossoms punch, Scallop Edge border punch


Someone moved into their big girl car seat today.  Sigh.  She's just growing up too darn fast.  She hasn't been sleeping well for the past few days and it is getting quite exhausting for all of us.   Her legs and arms just want to keep moving and she is waking herself up a lot.  I hope it settles down fast because not even Starbucks can keep me going much longer!

My mom wanted me to be sure to thank all of you who sent cards her way.  She received 7 of them on Saturday.  They came at the perfect time too.  She got them as she was on the way to granny's to help clean up the house.  When things got overwhelming and she needed a break, she went out to the car and opened them all and read them.  She was so touched by your kindness and thoughtfulness.  I don't think they went by the post office today and she has no idea that even more are coming.   So thank you.   And thank you to those who sent cards to me too.  I got several in the mail today and was very surprised. 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I have some of that paper....I think I'm going to have to CASE your flower!! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card and these colors are some of my favorites! Laila IS getting big...unfortunately, you can't stop that....just enjoy each step along the way. I miss my baby Cassidy but the toddler Cassidy is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, this is beautiful. I love the flower and will have to CASE it soon. Your daughter is adorable (beautiful eyes) and hope she starts to sleep for you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really beautiful card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card - love that gorgeous bloom x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why you think this card doesn't work. I think it's pretty terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Jen! This is one great card! I know it works with our sketch perfectly. You did a great job even if you are sleep deprived. Oh our little ones do grow up so fast. Mine is going to be 28 this year (YIKES).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! I love everything about this - the embossing and that flower!! Beautiful colors, too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Rita, this is so gorgeous. Love the layered flower!! Laila is getting to be SO big!! She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card
    your daughter is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card! I love the paper you used on the flower. Adds just the right amount of texture. Thanks for playing with us this week at SFF.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that big, bold blossom! Fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes, a card doesn't need a stamp. And this is the perfect example. I just love all the visual interest in your card without ink. Incredibly pretty and a great piece of eye card!
    Thank you for playing along with us @ SFF bhope to see more of your gorgeous work again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)