Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Freshly Made Butterflies


It's Wednesday which means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. Linda S designed this fun sketch; I love the banner and sentiment layer.  I wasn't sure I was going to get a card made this week, but I found that I *needed* to stamp yesterday to get my mind off things.   I decided to make a card for my mom.   I want to thank all of you who responded to my post yesterday and asked for her address.  I am happy she'll be getting so many cards in the mail soon.  


I was in a purple mood for some reason yesterday.  I used Wisteria Wonder; aren't we all glad it's sticking around?  I wish Concord Crush had replaced Elegant Eggplant, but I didn't get my way with that one either. I'm still missing that color.  I was in a retired stamp set mood I guess so all the stamping is from sets that were just gathering dust.   

Stamps:  Butterfly Prints, Love & Care
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, 2011-2013 In Colors stack, Whisper White
Accessories: Basic Pearls
Tools: Butterfly Punch (retired)


I love this picture.  It was Laila's first time meeting her and she was so content to just sit in granny's lap and look at her. 

12 comments:

  1. This is truly beautiful Rita. Love the colours and that sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purples are so pretty - stamping is good therapy for sure! This is lovely! Sending a card out to your mom today! Thinking of you this week....and the picture of Laila and Granny is sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful and I soooo miss all of the past purples as well! Love the picture of Laila meeting her great grandma for the first time...she is soooo sweet! I sent a separate email to you asking for your mom's address...I was working on my iPad and could not respond til now. In case you missed it, you can reach me at: carol.carriveau@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that Laila and your granny are looking at each other with nearly the same expression on their faces! Absolute delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made a beautiful sympathy/thinking of you card, Rita! I love the purples. What a sweet picture of your little one and grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rita! Lovely colors and perfect with the sentiment. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card, Rita. The details are so pretty and it's obvious that this card was made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly beautiful - I love your combination of those purples - so striking! What a beautiful photo of your grandmother and Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the different shades of purple on your card. The pic of Laila with her grandmother is precious! So glad the two of them were able to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita....this is a beautiful card and your mom will treasure it along with all the precious memories of your Granny. I am so sorry for your loss. The butterflies are just perfect especially with this pearl centres!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)