Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Red Ribbon Graduation


I thought the sketch at Retro Sketches was super fun this week so I decided to ink up a new set I got last week.  


I had to google the colors for our local high school to make this one.  lol  I guess I'll know them better once Laila starts school.  Not growing up here makes me pretty clueless about all that.  I also have to learn about the Texas mum tradition for homecoming.   I am hoping that Laila's not into those because man are they obnoxious!  

Stamps:  Blue Ribbon, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink:  Real Red, Pacific Point
Paper: Pacific Point, Real Red, Whisper White, Brights DSP stack
Accessories:  Hung Up Cute Clips, Basic Rhinestones
Tools:  Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder

Laila's back to not sleeping through the night.   Her nose started running on Saturday evening and it's been rough since then.  Saturday night Jason held her for half the night and then I did from 1:30 until 6. She was so restless that I was up the entire time.  Thank goodness for iPhones and Candy Crush! I was so tired, so Mother's Day was pretty much cancelled.  We had plans for brunch but a sick baby and tired parents weren't up for getting dressed and going out.   She's slept a little better the past two nights, but not all night.   She doesn't seem to be sick, but is getting a new tooth, so I'm assuming the crazy drooling and runny nose is from that.   I know we are tired and ready for whatever it is go go away!  

1 comment:

  1. Cute graduation card! Hope your lil one settles down soon so you can get some rest too :)

    And you're right about the mums, they are totally obnoxious. I grew up in Texas, and when I was in HS, a couple of girls had mums that went over one shoulder (decorated on both sides) and LIT UP with Christmas lights, not to mention with little cowbells dangling from the ribbons. Those things are crazy and expensive and loud and oh, so annoying!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)