Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FMS: The Open Sea

Uh oh!  I got so busy last night trying to find a photographer for Laila's one year pictures that I forgot to do my blog post.   Better late than never, right?   I swear the other ladies at Freshly Made Sketches are saints for putting up with my constant forgetfulness and failure to do things.   Now this week IS Amy's sketch; I was just a week ahead last week.   ;) 


Are you thinking "didn't she make a card like that already"?  If so, you are right!  I seem to be fixated on using this color combination with this stamp set.  They look so good together!   So forgive me.   

Stamps:  The Open Sea, Something to Celebrate, French Foliage
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Print Poetry stack
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine


Laila went to her first birthday party last weekend and here she is in her little cupcake outfit.  I had originally bought it for her birthday pictures, but I'm not sure it will fit by then!  :)  

14 comments:

  1. Well I never get tired of this set - it is classic! This is beautifully done! And your sweet cupcake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, she is so adorable in that dress! Makes me think of my daughter's first birthday (over 23 years ago!). Great card - I love nautical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely see a card made with this stamp set that I like. This card rates right at the top! Thanks for sharing!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. I think you did a great job with this stamp set.
    Your daughter is adorable. Love her cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is truly beautiful! I LOVE those colors together! Such attention to detail with all the elements on the focal image.... they fit so well together. I really like the way you tied your ribbon too!
    Your daughter is so very precious....such an adorable dress for an adorable little girl!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the cards you make with this stamp set! And who wouldn't love it in blue?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Rita! I think you should keep on using these colors and stamp set -- I won't tire of them. The dress is adorable and perfect for a first birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! It has been wonderful to watch your darling daughter grow through the pxs you post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your card and, forgive me!, I did not remember that you did one similar to this one before. But I really like your design...and the Cherry Cobbler bakers twin pulls it all together!!! Laila looks a bit posed but still that sweet and partial smile always makes me smile! Can't wait to see her year old pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! Love it! You use this set so well that I admire it in every iteration you can create! Such a cute picture of Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your nautical theme card! Hope Laila had fun at the birthday party! She is growing up soo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, this is such a fabulous card! I love the way you used the stamp set and the splattering. The colors are perfection, and the twine is "just right". This is one of the best masculine cards I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laila gets her own comment... Priceless! She is so adorable in that sweet little dress I can't believe how fast she's growing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect masculine card Rita - love how you've used this stamp set and the colours are the perfect match for a sea inspired card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)