Wednesday, May 8, 2013

FMS85: Bermuda Elephant

Time for a new Freshly Made Sketch!  (Uh oh!  I have to correct myself).  Today's sketch is actually by the amazing Narelle; Amy is awesome too but her sketch was last week.  lol It's a fun sketch and you can make such a variety of cards with it.  Be sure to go check out the blog to see all the great creations by the design team.   


I just got Bermuda Bay and had to use it.   I didn't get it back when it was out because I really had just gotten into stamping and was clueless.   Now it's going to be back with the new catalog and I'm so excited as I love it.  It looks fabulous paired with Melon Mambo!   I needed a birthday card for a sweet little girl who just turned three, so I made my card for her.  I didn't have any Bermuda Bay dsp, but my awesome stamping buddy Marla suggested stamping on white and making banners with that.  I grabbed an old CTMH set that I had laying around and it worked out pretty good!   

Stamps:  Wild about You, Happiest Birthday Wishes, CTMH It's Your Day
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Brights DSP stack, Whisper White
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones, Whisper White 1/4 stitched grosgrain ribbon
Tools:  Scallop Circles #2 die, 3 inch circle die, Itty Bitty Punch Pack


It's been pretty warm these this week so Laila got to go out and play in her little swimming pool.  She wasn't too sure about it just yet though.  :)   

12 comments:

  1. This card is waaay too cute! Love the stamped banners - genius idea! And the elephant is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I LOVE your Bermuda Bay elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... you are so right! The Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo are awesome together. This is such a fun card and the stamped banners is the perfect addition to tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the Bermuda elephant - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card Rita ~ and Laila in the pool is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea those colors looked so good together! And I love the stamped banners. Clever of Marla to think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! That Wild About You stamp set is one of the first SU sets I ever bought, and I loved it so much. I still have a tag on my bulletin board with that elephant on it. Fun! Thanks for giving me credit for the great sketch, but it's Narelle's. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Rita! I love the Bermuda Bay Elephant! I need to dust of my Bermuda Bay!!! So cheery! I love Laila in her pool! My boys hated their pools to start with too...now they LOVE being in water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your card on the FMS blog. Nice card! I like the colors, printed papers and cute elephant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita! Had to come over from FMS to tell you how fabulous this card is! Love the colors, love the homemade DSP banners and ADORE the elephant. Here popped up ear and flower accessories are just what all fashionable elephants are wearing! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita this colour combo of Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo are perfect together - I love how you make these brighter colours look so right! I think this card is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This color combo just makes me happy! Another fabulous Rita creation!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)