Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Freshly Made Tissue Flower


It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Linda is our hostess this week with a fabulous design.  I combined the sketch with Debbi's HYCCT challenge to use tissue on our card.  I love making tissue flowers!   The only tissue I could find had silver sparkles on it, so I ran with the silver and added in some navy.   I'm not sure what you'd use it for, but I added a hand-written joy and am calling it a Christmas card.  Ha!

Remember when you play along you can change out the shapes to whatever works for you.  :)

They had a bit of fun playing with the sand toys.  Laila is more into knocking over the sand castles than building them.  lol 

10 comments:

  1. I am staring at that flower! It looks so real! Beautiful design... thanks for the inspiration Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty,Rita!! I love the navy and silver! The flower is amazing...you did a beautiful job!!
    Cute photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm......I love navy and cream! And oh that flower - wonderful made out of tissue paper! Definitely works for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is just beautiful - I want to reach out and touch it! And showcased against the dark background really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is just gorgeous! The tissue flower is amazing and I love it with the navy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rita! I love that tissue flower! It's so fun! I love the navy and silver together! Such a great combination! All kids are more into knocking down sandcastles than building them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I want to reach through my computer and touch all of those lovely layers of tissue paper petals. I love the soft, pretty flower against the navy background. Beautiful, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Rita - I love the flower you've created set against your navy DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a stunning card, Rita. Your tissue paper flower looks so soft and delicate. Reallly lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flower and really makes the whole card!!! Very cute pic with Laila and grandma at the beach!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)